sexta-feira, 26 de fevereiro de 2016


  • Hillary Clinton: 'Absolutely' nothing to hide in Wall Street speech transcripts



    By Eugene Scott, CNN



    Updated 1309 GMT (2109 HKT) February 26, 2016































    Hillary Clinton: I'll release transcripts if others do 01:25


    Story highlights
    "I told them what I'm going to do. I said I'm going to go after big banks that pose a systemic risk," Clinton said
    "Break down the barriers to America and Americans live up to their potential. That is it," Clinton said



    Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton said she is "absolutely" sure that there is nothing in her speeches to Wall Street banks that voters should be concerned about.

    MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski asked Clinton if she could assure the American people that she didn't say anything that would undermine her promise to be tough on Wall Street.

    "Absolutely. Absolutely," Clinton responded Friday on "Morning Joe." "And besides, I'm on the public record. I told them what I'm going to do. I said I'm going to go after big banks that pose a systemic risk. I want you to hold me accountable for that because I will do that exactly."

    Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Republicans have increasingly asked Clinton to release the transcripts of those speeches. Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, combined earned more than $153 million in paid speeches from 2001 until the former Secretary of State launched her presidential campaign last spring, a CNN analysis shows.

    Clinton also broke down her message in one concise sentence -- something her critics said she has been unable to do.


    "Break down the barriers to America and Americans live up to their potential. That is it," Clinton said. "That's what I care about, that's what I've always done, that's what I'm talking about."

    "I feel very comfortable talking about that and it's hit me because -- look, I care deeply about the economic barriers. I think I have the best idea about how to create jobs and get incomes rising, and all the other things you have to do to get the economy growing and get it fair," she added.

    CNN's Dan Merica contributed to this report.





    Promoted Stories

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário